Le Chye

Monday, April 14, 2008

A person who shares his ideas may make a good blogger but is definitely a lousy entrepreneur

A business idea struck me yesterday while I was bathing. For that 15 minutes or so in the bathroom, I seriously believed I was going to strike it big time soon.

I thought about which of my friends I wanted to rope in for the business, what information I would need to evaluate its feasibility and estimated how long we would need before we can get the business running. I basically did a mental SWOT analysis all while shampooing my hair and soaping my body and got very excited about the prospect of succeeding Sim as the most successful entrepreneur of Singapore. As well as the money that comes with it. There are many ways to get happy and moving across the utility curve is always an option (=

But I found out after a quick search on the internet that a company, with the exact same idea that I have, is already in the market. And, difficult as it is to admit, it looks a really tough competitor to beat. I like their website as much as I like amazon's.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of competing with them, I shall seek their services one day and blurb my blog so that I can have it on my coffin for people to remember the man I was.


P.S. to the person who gets interviewed by Business Times after making it big with my unoriginal 'slurping blog to book' idea, please tell them that you got your inspiration while bathing so that I know where you got your idea from (=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home