Le Chye

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

RG

I paid 6 euros a few months back to put myself in contention for Roland Garros tickets. Despite knowing that chances are slim, I ordered 2 tickets for the men's final, which I was hoping - and am still hoping - will be between Nadal and Federer.

On Saturday, I received an email from the Roland Garros ticketing team that begins with, 'Nous avons le regret de vous informer...' I did not get the tickets.

The ticketing team was kind enough to offer fans who had not been allocated tickets an offre spéciale whereby they get priority to purchase 'leftover' tickets for certain match days. Not surprisingly, semi-final and final tickets were no longer available. Tickets for the Philippe Chatrier court, where Federer is mostly likely to play all his matches, are available only for the first two rounds.

After considering if it will be worth it to fork out 40euros to watch Federer playing the likes of Dominik Hrbaty, knowing very well it is quite possible that Federer might not even be playing on the day for which I buy my ticket and I might end up watching Serena Williams instead, I have decided not to take up the offre spéciale.

I will however still be trying my luck for the 'Evening Visitors' tickets come (what) May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home