Le Chye

Friday, April 25, 2008

Bobby Jackress
















I was in Munich with my parents for the last 3 days. They had arrived in Paris on Tuesday and by Wednesday, we were sharing a pint of beer over dinner at Hofbrauhaus. Traveling with parents is cool because they pay for everything but I have to always be on the lookout for chinese restaurants for our meals and have to relearn the art of walking slow.

Tomorrow we leave for Belgium and Holland with a China tour group and I can relinquish the role of tour guide that I have been playing for the last few days. Guiding a tour is difficult because there are different tastes that you have to cater to and you can't satisfy everybody, which is why I always prefer to leave the unenviable task of travel arrangements and map reading to others. I am a shui bian man and a shui bian man makes a good follower. Our country wants us to be leaders.

I will write more about the trip another night when I do not have to wake up at 6am the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home